AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I took the plunge and picked up an RCA 38310 to replace our old Zenith in the family room. The installation was quick and painless - 15min from out of the box to up and running. That includes the call to DirecTV to actvate the service on the set. (I ran a length of RG-6 down from the multiswitch earlier.)

This is the perfect "kids" (or wife's) HDTV. It took my family only a minute or two to master the remote and easily switch between DirecTV, DVD, PlayStation II, and Cable. I don't have to worry about convergence problems; the kids wearing out the RGB tubes, too much light in the room, protecting the projection screen, etc. And this is one HDTV that dad installs and forgets! About as close to plug(in) and play as HDTV gets!

BTW the DiecTV rep was very interested in the fact that this was the second HDTV in the family, and said they were aware that demand for HDTV was starting to grow. Probably just PR BS, but still good to hear.

-Paul

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Artie:
Congratulations Paul. The 38310 interests me. Have you had it long enough to find out if the cooling fan runs 24 hours a day?

Thanks,

Artie
I've had the Proscan version of this set for about six months. The fan for the internal tuner runs 24/7. You get used to it...not too annoying.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congrats Paul!

I too just installed my f38310 in my living room, my first is a tosh 56x81 in the basement. I totally agree about set-up and ease of use. I am very impressed with the picture this little beauty produces. Yes, the fan does run 24/7, but still not too annoying IMHO. Direct TV also was pleased this was my 2nd HDTV. I hope more programing is on the horizon for all of us!

------------------

Patrick Simon

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Artie:
Congratulations Paul. The 38310 interests me. Have you had it long enough to find out if the cooling fan runs 24 hours a day?

Thanks,

Artie
Yes it runs full time, but with two kids and after 25 years teaching in a middle school I sure don't notice the fan's very low sound unless I go right up to the set! Guess I could use a "miracle ear"!!

-Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.