AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this TV for sale, I know RCA is made by some company in China, was wondering if anyone has an experience with it? It's a 47" 240hz 1080p LCD for a good price.

RCA 47LA55RS

Thanks

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
If it starts with "RCA" then it can't be all that good. This isn't your father's RCA. At one time, RCA was the best. Now it has to compete for space at the bottom of the barrel.

Of course, it's your money and your choice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear that. Just trying not to get burned. The dearth of real reviews on reputable sites is definitely a worry. Also- contrast ratio is only 20,000 : 1, whereas most are much more than that. Something to consider?

·
Registered
8,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny1121 /forum/post/19535027

I hear that. Just trying not to get burned. The dearth of real reviews on reputable sites is definitely a worry. Also- contrast ratio is only 20,000 : 1, whereas most are much more than that. Something to consider?

RCA is just one of about a dozen brands that are on TVs that virtually nothing is known about. No reliability history. That means don't buy any TVs less well known (currently), than Vizio.

There is no free lunch. You buy RCA, Apex, Dynex, etc., etc., you will have something to worry about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts