AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried the RCA amplified antennas from CC? I think they have two models: ANT200 and ANT1250. I'm trying to decide which antenna to get for my HDV420. Also looking at the silver sensor. Just want to get the right one the first time.

The silver sensor doesnt do VHF, dont I need that for some HD stations?

·
Registered
150 Posts
ANT 200 (RCA set top amplified antenna w/ rabbit ears and a UHF loop) was no better than just unamplified rabbit ears, in my experience. It was a little pricey, too. I think I paid $40 at BB.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey I bought one of those myself. It did an ok job. I picked up the silver sensor from amazon.com, for cheaper. I get everything I can possibly get in HD, now. Whereas with the rca I could not get in upn, wb and sometimes could not get in fox.

So in short don't get it, pick up the silver sensor from amazon for 24 bucks and enjoy HDTV

·
Registered
152 Posts
Got the rca ant 200 several yrs ago, pulled it out to try ota w/new samsung ts 160 with directv deal 3 days ago..worked. but as said earlier by eric.kreig ,on the 13" spare tv it was no better then some very old rusty rabbit ears that i had.

I too plan on getting the silver sensor uhf only to try w/ the sammy.

I did get all my ota locals w/the rca/samsung combo tho & was pleasantly surprised

·
UHD Addict
39,565 Posts
Try a Jensen TV910 or TV930 amplified antenna. I think it is a liitle cheaper than the RCA. I use a TV 910 at my girlfriends with a Hipix card. It lets me pull all the DC stations in at a strength of 80 to 85 and all the Baltimore stations in at around 60 to 70. Compared to some of the other antennas I tried the TV910 was an excellent choice and much cheaper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.