AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to move a new house which is pre-wired for a main family room listening area (5.1.4) and 6 stereo zones. I have already bought a Sonos Connect. I want to be able to listen to the Connect in all 7 zones. I can hook the Connect to my AVR via RCA and then RCA zone 2 out to my Monoprice multi-zone amp. However, the AVR has be on when any of the zones in on this setup. I can also get a second Connect but that seems wasteful. Is there an easier way to do this? I think that an RCA splitter will be the cheapest solution. Is there one that you guys recommend?

·
Registered
111 Posts
How about using an optical or coax out to the AVR and then the rca's to the MZ amp? I have the old Sonos but I assume the new Connects have the same outputs?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about using an optical or coax out to the AVR and then the rca's to the MZ amp? I have the old Sonos but I assume the new Connects have the same outputs?

I haven't taken the Sonos out of the box yet. Can both RCA and optical outs be active at the same time?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. It seems like all three Connect outputs - RCA, optical, and coax - are all active at the same time based on comments on various boards. Doh. I will give it a try as soon as I move into the house.

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
I haven't taken the Sonos out of the box yet.
:eek::eek::eek:

That's a lot of toy to be sitting in the box...

Can both RCA and optical outs be active at the same time?
Absolutely. Hard to find an audio device that doesn't work that way...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks. It seems like all three Connect outputs - RCA, optical, and coax - are all active at the same time based on comments on various boards. Doh. I will give it a try as soon as I move into the house.
That's OK, I'm displaced right now as well. Moving in March 30th! Can't wait to start hooking up my gadgets again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts