AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just talked with my satellite company and he stated RCA has a new HD STB coming out early November & I thought he said it was model 1000 ?? but could be wrong but has anyone heard anything on this and what it will have different then the one now.?? He said he is going to a show in 3 wks and will get the specs then.

[This message has been edited by goblue6000 (edited 07-27-2001).]

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
This has been rumoured for some time and evidence such as closeout pricing at Best Buy would seem to support it, but RCA's official response has been that they would stick with the DTC100 thru this year. My guess is they are planning a DVI/HDCP version and will have it out as soon as it is ready.

------------------

Rich Peterson

DBS Consumer Guide Author

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Now here's where it gets interesting...

If RCA issues a new DTC-1000 as early as this Fall, will it have both VGA/Component and DVI outputs????

John in VA

·
Registered
929 Posts

Quote:
Now here's where it gets interesting...If RCA issues a new DTC-1000 as early as this Fall, will it have both VGA/Component and DVI outputs????
I would guess that the answer is yes. The VGA/Component output would work just like it does now on the DTC 100 and would be subject to downconvert just as a DTC100 is.

The DVI clearly would not.

Todd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.