AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found an open box RCA D34W135D for $1299 locally (and prob lower with a little bargaining). My plan has been to wait for Samsung's 30" TXN DVI model (retail price of $1299) to come out, but it's hard to ignore a 34" TV with DVI for the same price. The RCA seems to have plenty of features (lots of zoom modes, SVM on/off, built-in DVD player--which is useless to me though, etc.) but there is a lack of opinions and reviews on it everywhere (except for one 12/02 Stereophile Guide to Home Theater article; Consumer Reports briefly mentions it), incl this forum's archives.

Anyone have any experience with this set (or its cousin, the D34W20)? I'm obviously wary of RCA quality control (esp with the problems their 38" widescreen model) but I'm not sure if all their models are equally bad in that respect. I guess the main concern I've heard from people who viewed the set in stores (always worrisome in terms of proper setup) back in the fall was poor quality on analog signals, which would be a major issue for me. If anyone has had any experience with the set (good or bad), please share it! :)

Toshiba and Sony 34" models are outside my $1000-$1300 budget, so it really comes down to whether this 34" RCA is better than smaller 30" models from other manufacturers, such as Samsung. I honestly don't know yet. . . .

Thx for any help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.