AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Looking for some input. I like the plasma for its larger screen ect.. but the RCA 38" seems like a great value. Found them on Ebay factory refurbs for $1975 w/shipping. We have large family room and I was going to wait for the new Optima DLP coming out but I was told it won't be available until late November. My 4 year old 61xbr bit the dust when lightning hit in our yard. Insurance wont cover it because the DORK from the service company said the picture was fine. The convergence won't stay lined up for more than 30 minutes..

So whats your input

RCA F38310 or a 42" Plasma or Wait for the Optima

I would go with the Plasma if it weren't for the concerns about screen life, and loss of brightness. I also like the RCA's having a HDTV tuner and DSS built in.

Sorry for Rambling and Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
395 Posts
DG123,

I own one of the Panasonic 42" plasma monitors, and can tell you there there are a huge number of posts with information on this and many models in the Plasma forum.

Price is the thing that knocks many people out of the plasma market, but if you view a lot of material with static images, (ie: you watch CNBC for many hours at a stretch) burn-in can also be an issue.

Check the plasma forum archives; you'll find lots of information there. --Karl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.