AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Drc7005n is a basic VCR replacement. It has 4 recording modes low, basic, Normal, and high quality. In the low quality recording mode it allows for 64 hours of recording on to a 40 gig hard drive. The unit comes with a DVD player, but does not burn directly to DVD, although you can configure the unit to download to a VCR and the technique should be able to be done to a DVD burner. You can program the unit just like a VCR , but it does have an interactive program guide called Guide Plus. Guide Plus is free

but some people with satellite have had problems making it work with Direct TV. Cable TV and Over the Air Tv users have had no problems.

I like the unit it is simple to operate. It works like my VCR. Like my VCR it has no extra subscription fee to make it work. The unit lacks the bells and whistles of TIVO and RePlay. Yet it is cheap and reliable.

The DRC7005n can be upgraded with a larger HD. Check listing under DRC7005n . The older version DRS7000n has NOT been sucessfully upgraded with larger HD yet.

Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.