AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a RCA 430 in the hopes of connecting it to my 4080 with the serial port - however, whever the ReplayTV changes channels, it turns off the receiver rather than change the channel.

I seem to remember someone here saying they needed to setup the receiver somehow to receive the serial commands correctly - can the 430 be setup for serial control or only IR blaster?

Is there another reciever that would work better?

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
405 Posts
does the 430 have a db9 serial port or a phone jack labelled home control?

if d9b you can easily hook it up with supplied extras from replay also

with a "home control port" ( need to set it up via the menu options..not hidden..but an option rarely used to switch from home contol module

(that was intended to be used with 420 models but i havent seen any equip that uses it that way) and the other option of serial port control...choose that and replay will change channels on sat rec

as an aside, has there ever been anything that uses dtv recs and home control port?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, it has a phone jack labeled "low speed data". I went through the menus and couldn't find anything to change the "mode" it was using. Manual doesn't say anything about "home control" either.

(replaytv comes with a db9->phone connector adapter, so connecting wasn't a problem)

Matt

·
Registered
405 Posts
try menu > options >alternate data. it will be there if alt data available

in no alt data available stated on that area .ird is set up to accept channels changing commands via that low speed jack and the RJH to 9 pin adapter

(supplied part with replay 1700039) then hooked to serial cable (supplied part 2100015) then serial cable hooked to serial conrol of replay.

try changinhg channels from replay...it should then work

low speed data port can be toggled for different protocols on some recievers like drd222 but not on drd420, on a 420 it says no alt data available..but the serial port will change the channels when properly hooked up as described. as i dont have your exact model i may be wrong,but if it has a phone jack And a low speed data port you should be good to go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry, but starting with this series of DirecTv boxes, the serial codes have changed. As such the Replay is not compatible anymore. Unless SB adds supports for the newer codes you can only control these boxes using the IR blaster. Search the Tivo boards for more information about the changes... there is a pretty detailed description regarding what the changes are (with hopes that Tivo will add support :) just as I hope that SB adds support.

- Jeff

P.S. I should say that this issue is with the RCA boxes. I don't know if the Hughes or Sony boxes are affected.

·
Registered
405 Posts
ah, i was't aware of the changes on the 430.

well in answer to your first question an rca drd222 or drd420 will work fine

with a replay but willl not have dd5.1 or caller id that later models have

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.