2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I just bought this setup yesterday:

toshiba 34hdx82

rca drs700n (progressive scan)

expressvu hd6000 receiver

all are connected via component video.

when i'm on an HDTV channel on the dish, my tv automatically recognizes the signal and goes into the 16:9 ratio and doesn't let me change the pic size, which is correct according to the manual.

however, when i'm watching a widescreen format dvd, it still lets me select the pic size? if i go to natural, which is what the manual recommends, i get the grey bars down the left and right sides of the tv? shouldn't this automatically recognize the 16:9 ratio of the dvd and fill the screen? selecting one of the theatre modes or the full mode stretches the image and i don't want that. what is the best way to display the 480p signal coming from the dvd player, and is there a way to confirm that the signal from the dvd player is in fact 480p?

i'm kind of new to this stuff so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Randy.

· Registered
278 Posts
If your watching DVD's that are "anamorphic widescreen" just put it to pic size 4. The image will fit perfectly!

If your watching widescreen 16.9 ratio, use pic size 2... You can adjust this perticular pic size, I have mine set to +6.

If you watch standard full size DVD's or pan scan (4.3 ratio), set it to pic size 0.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.