AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed I'm not getting any audio on PBS Soundstage (HD programming). I've connected the box to the TV using the RF cable. A different converter box (Insignia) connected to a different TV using RCA plugs has no problem delivering audio for this program. No problem getting audio on HD programming on other channels. Ideas anyone?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Other stations work fine. And, mentioned in the OP. While this box was having audio issues the Insignia / DTT900 was doing fine on a different TV.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The RCA800B (no APT) also has a problem dropping audio for me if it gets a low signal. Changing channel doesn't bring it back, I must turn it off an on. I never had to do a power-pull though.

Seems to be a bug in it's chipset. If it was not for this the RCA would be a really good box.

·
Registered
990 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_ /forum/post/14282673

Rebooting didn't help. Once again no audio on the PBS station tonight.

Don't know where you are but I was informed by the local Austin PBS engineer that their digital multiplexer went down last night. The sound went out before the video finally crashed. So could it be a multiplexer problem at your PBS station?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As I've mentioned twice :), a different converter box hooked to another TV, gets the audio at the exact same time.

·
Registered
101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replay3030Owner /forum/post/14285108

The RCA800B (no APT) also has a problem dropping audio for me if it gets a low signal. Changing channel doesn't bring it back, I must turn it off an on. I never had to do a power-pull though.

Seems to be a bug in it's chipset. If it was not for this the RCA would be a really good box.

In my brief experience with the DTA800B, I experienced one instance of the sound going out. I was able to restore the audio by entering and exiting the menu. I have not experienced any problems with the DTA800B1, but it has had only limited use because it is not hooked up to my primary TV. Also, the antenna (external) is a more reliable than the one (indoor) used with the DTA800B. (These are located in two different households.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts