AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I manually enter a channel that hasn't gone on the air yet to see when it starts broadcasting?

I would like to enter 55-1 but I'm not sure it will work until the system does a channel scan and finds the channel. I would hate to be looking for a signal for days and find out you can't do it that way.

Tim Huey

·
Registered
291 Posts
Tim,

Yes you can manually enter any channel and the DTC-100 will tune to that channel without any required re-scan. If the tuner does not detect any signal it will just display "weak signal" on a black screen. If the tuner detects any digital signal at all, it will add it to the channel list even if the signal is not good enough to produce a usable picture. In other words, the DTC-100 will display "weak signal" when it truly sees a weak signal but it also displays "weak signal" when it detects no signal at all.

My complaint with the DTC-100 is the converse of this. There is no way to delete channels from the list. I even tried disconnecting the antenna and did a rescan but the DTC-100 remembers and keeps the old channel list anyway.

DonP

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wward, Did you mean to ask Hidefdon that?

Hidefdon, That is a complaint of mine as well. I would like to remove some spanish digital stations cause I dont speaka the spanish.

Tim Huey

·
Registered
780 Posts
Tim: Look under "Profiles" and edit the OTA channels you want. Works like a charm.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Yup, you can edit the OTA channels, it appears my HDTV antenna picks up way more channels than I had anticipated. I guess a lot of foreign language programming is being broadcasted in the UHF band.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Strangely enough, I had to scan to get my channel to display. Manual entry of 46-1 did nothing for me, then after a channel scan I hit 82 on the meter. Weird.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.