AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the last upgrade, my DTC-100 began losing its signal from direct tv. It quit all of a sudden, came back on just as suddenly after about an hour, and now has lost the signal again. This all occured after the last upgrade. I checked my connections and they all seem okay. I still get a good signal on my second receiver so it's not the antenna. Any ideas anyone? Has anyone experienced a similar problem after the last upgrade?

------------------

gaz

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I have not had a problem with the DTV signal, but it looks like turning on the "Acquire off air guides" causes an even worse problem than before. Previously, it would cause intermittant problems with channel reception (i.e., it would not show one or two channels, even though the signal for those channels was strong). I thought the newset upgrade might have fixed the problem, so I turned the "Acquire off air guides" option back on - and it now would not show ANY digital OTA channels. So much for a fix.

If you have the "Acquire off air guides" option turned on, you might try switching it off and see if your problem goes away. It's probably not the cause of your problem (I've never noticed it affecting DTV channels, just OTA), but it wouldn't hurt to try.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it. Could be coincidental that I'm losing the signal after the upgrade. The upgrade may have nothing to do with my problem. It's just strange that it began to happen after the upgrade. Does anyone know if the DTC100 has a fuse? Might be a fuse. If not looks like I'll have to send it to the factory for repair.

------------------

gaz

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Accourvil, if you turn on the Off Air Guide the channels are remapped to the analog number but they have a .1 behind them. I have my Off air guides on and I can get the Bay area channels sometimes and always the Sacramento channels.

Example 24.1 will be 7.1 KGO-DT.

------------------

Meredith (KPHO) SUCKs! Phoenix CBS station with no HD just SD.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Jedi:

There is no user "control" of transponders. That fcn is simply for TESTING each transponder. Channels map to fixed transponder numbers. This is a common misconception because of the way the test menus read.

------------------
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I understand. It would be good to get the mappings, but for some reason when I have the off air guides turned on, some of the digital channels (this more it was all of them) won't show.

>>Accourvil, if you turn on the Off Air Guide the channels are remapped to the

>>analog number but they have a .1 behind them. I have my Off air guides on

>>and I can get the Bay area channels sometimes and always the Sacramento channels.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Try a different transponder.

JediMastr

------------------

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
To be sure it's not a LNBF or cable problem you should take the other (working) receiver and hook it up to the same cable/TV you are using the HD receiver on. If it works fine it is the receiver if it doesn;t you know it's a cable/LNBF problem.

------------------

------------------
My DVD/LD List My Equipment List

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the exact same problem that gaz reported. I am also getting a good signal on my second receiver but my DTC-100 came up with the searching for satellite message. The signal came back after about an hour. I turned the unit off then back on again in about an hour and got the same "searching for satellite" message. My over the air signals are coming in fine, it is just all Direct TV signals. I have had my DTC-100 for about a year and a half. Everything worked until the upgrade a couple of days ago. Just got off the phone with Direct TV tech support and they were of no help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.