Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

If I do an OTA channel search with the unit configured to acquire guide info. I wind up getting both the analog and the digital channel in one package. For example, I get Chicago ABC channel 7 (analog) and channel 7-1 (digital).

This annoys me as I have no desire to see the analog channel as well as the digital. I have searched and cannot find a way to select between the two.

I know that I can eliminate this by not acquiring the guide info. This then seperates out the analog and digital channesl. For example I get Channel 7 and channel 52 and can turn either one off or on as I choose.

Is there a way to select between them with the channel guide info there?

Paul

·
Banned
410 Posts
Yes, there is a way. And it is very klugy, but it works.

What you do is find an easy way to connect and disconnect your antenna from the input of the DTC-100. My antenna feed comes to an F-Connector outlet, similer to a typical cable outlet. Without screwing in the cable I can plug it in or pull it out very quickly.

Now for the kluge:

Set the DTC-100 to do a fullscan with the antenna input completely disconnected (If you have the second input set up for cable like me, you will end up re-scanning that input, sorry http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif ). This should clear out all of the channels it already recognizes.

Now do a fullscan again. By watching the channel numbers scrolling by on the input you have your antenna hooked to, only send the antenna feed to the DTC-100 when the "real" channel numbers you _want_ show up. You do this by leaving the cable unplugged until you see the channel you want displayed. You then quickly plug in the cable without screwing it in. For instance in Chicago, I would assume you want 19 (WGN), 29 (WMAQ), 31(FOX), 38 (PAX), 45 (WSNS???), and 52 (ABC). By not having the normal "air" channels feeding the DTC-100 while it scans those channels, it assumes the signal is not there. So in normal mode when you hit 5-Enter, you will get WMAQ-DT not WMAQ-5.

The first time I tried, it took a couple of tries to get the timing just right, so you will have to be patient. It does take a lot of time too. Although, once it is set up, it is really nice.

Good Luck,

Rick

·
Registered
807 Posts
The way that I did it was to clear all the channels as Rick suggested. Then, after the guide is totally devoid of channels, manually tune to the digital channels that you want. The DTC-100 will then add them to the guide and remap them if appropriate.

Andy

·
Registered
622 Posts

·
Banned
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by drewba:
The way that I did it was to clear all the channels as Rick suggested. Then, after the guide is totally devoid of channels, manually tune to the digital channels that you want. The DTC-100 will then add them to the guide and remap them if appropriate.

Andy
Dohhhhh! Why didn't I think of that!

I just tried it last night. Works great. It's a lot better than plugging and unplugging a cable!

Rick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.