Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help DTC 100 is dead!

Turned on STB to watch local HD channels and nothing!

Checked outlet and even plugged box into different room, no lights nothing!

Any assistance is appreciated.

Daniel

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can hear the fan running when it is plugged in but the light does not come on when I turn the unit on (with remote or manually).

Daniel

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DTC mac,

I visually checked the fuse on the PS board and it appears to be ok.

I do not have any experience with electronics...what's a MOV?

Daniel

·
Registered
202 Posts
MOV - Metal Oxide Varistor aka surge supressor. This is the gizmo that shunts voltage spikes to ground before they get to the good stuff. They sometimes short out and cause things to stop working though. Typically, they are a pink cylinder with a heavy lead coming out each end. Based on your question, I don't think you would feel comfortable trying to diagnose this though.

Jim

·
Registered
545 Posts
Daniel,

Sometimes the remote forgets what it is trying to control. Not sure if that is the issue here, but, worth a try. Press the "HDTV Rcvr" button at the top of the remote. Does it respond now?

Mark H

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Well...blown fuses and MOV's scream look at me so the easy P/S fixes are out. The next step ,if technically inclined is to check output voltages on the P/S or at least at the Sat input. Using a volt meter check the voltage between the center conductor and the outer conductor of the Sat input. Any voltage over 13 VDC there says the power supply is at least partially alive.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mark,

Thanks for the tip, tried the remote and that didn't work.

DTC mac,

Will try the multimeter today and check voltage.

I miss my HDTV...

Daniel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.