AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved a new DTC-210 to replace a fried Hughes E86. It's working fine, except that every 20 minutes it dispays a message that it wants to upgrade to 10.0.14, goes to the upgrade screen, and reaches 19% complete, then resets, reloads the guide data, and says the upgrade fails. It's repeating this behavior every 20 minutes. Current software is 10.0.8

Is this normal? If not, bad box? Contact DirecTV? Live with this problem and hope the upgrade schedule is synced with commercials from now on?

Thanks,

Joe M.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update:

Eventually, the receiver displays a message that repeated upgrade attempts have failed and that I should call a 1-888 number to report the problem. I called this number, it's answered as "Samsung" and the operator says they've never even heard of the DTC-210 and they can't help me because it's not a Samsung product. I asked why their number would be embedded in the firmware and would display onscreen, and received the answer they don't have a clue but to call RCA to ask.

Joe M.

· Registered
2,839 Posts
A couple of theories. One, IIRC this receiver is very similar to the Samsung 360 and perhaps equivalent to the 360 internally. So that could be one explanation. Another is that D* is sending Samsung firmware to RCA boxes and the box is rejecting it. Have you called D*.

Of course another possible theory is that since RCA is made by a French company, it simply being rude since you didn't enable the French language option.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.