AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using the RCA DTC100 and I want to only have the Digital channels in my personal profile... Is there a way to delete only the analog channel and keep the digital ones?

I mean, whats the point of having the analog channels when all my locals are broadcast in digital.

One more thing, is there a way to change the order of the channels as well?

Thanks!

IceWeazle

·
Registered
22,155 Posts
Disconnect the OTA coax from the DTC100.

Perform a "Channel Guides" search.

When search is complete, reconnect OTA coax to DTC100.

Manually select only the digital channels by PSIP #. They will be automatically saved after you get a lock.

Do not not another search.

No way change the order...

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Another way to do it is to turn the "Off air guides" function off, which will necessitie a new full channel scan.

With "Off Air Guides" turned off, The digital channels will appear in the Channel profile list on their actual channels of transmission instead of remapped via PSIP to be "next to" their analog counterpart, and thus the channels of the analog counterparts can be deselected from the profiles without affecting the digital channels.

However, with the guides off, in addition to digital channels not remapping, you also won't get the off air guide info, Auto Time/Date set, or Station ID via PSIP. This is how I do it though, since my local stations don't send anything of real use via the guides anyhow. Don't know if it affects DirecTV portion of receiver, as I don't use it. Another benefit of having the "off air guides" turned off is that you'll switch between channels/etc. much more quickly.

If you use the method described above, I'm wondering, if you manually tune to say, channel "10", if an analog is broadcasting on 10, and the digital counterpart is on 10-x, will analog 10 find its way back into the profiles?

Thanks

·
Registered
22,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Nitewatchman
If you use the method described above, I'm wondering, if you manually tune to say, channel "10", if an analog is broadcasting on 10, and the digital counterpart is on 10-x, will analog 10 find its way back into the profiles?

Thanks
You are correct!

The foolproof method is as you suggested. Most folks don't want to use the "new channel" numbers.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have my DCT100 set to "Off air guides" function off but and I had it do a scan and it still shows them as the digital numbers and not the analog counter part number?

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Mark,

Digital channels won't remap via PSIP to be next to their analog counterparts if "Off air Guides" is set to off. Channels may or may not remap if "Off air Guides" is set to on, depending upon how, or if the stations send channel remapping data via PSIP. In some circumstances, certian receivers can see the channel remapping data sent by a station, while others do not. Some stations don't send channel remapping data.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have the RCA F38310 and I'm not sure if it functions like the DTC100 but the way I did it is I went into the default profile and removed the analog channels from the lineup. Now I only have digital channels when going up and down the channel button.

·
Registered
656 Posts
"Manually select only the digital channels by PSIP #. They will be automatically saved after you get a lock.

Do not not another search. "

How do you do this?

And thanks Jeff.... that worked.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Knight
"Manually select only the digital channels by PSIP #. They will be automatically saved after you get a lock.

Do not not another search. "

How do you do this?

With "Off air Guides" Turned on, If say, the digital channel is being remapped via PSIP to 12-1, to manually select it, you could manually punch in "0121" on the remote ...Or, if the actual RF channel for 12-1 was digital 31, you could punch in "31" and the receiver will automatically remap it to 12-1. In this case, Just don't tune to just 12 manually if you use this method(With off air guides turned on), or the analog station will pop back up in the profiles+while channel surfing.

Anyhow, as someone else mentioned if all you use is the Channel up/down button for tuning after first entering the remapped digital channels, then it won't be a problem if you never need to tune to the analog counterpart ... As I mentioned before however, some stations still might not remap for various reasons.

Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.