AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just set it up today, I have the latest software download version 5.10, im pulling high 80's on 101 and 110/119 and have tried the power down trick everyone has been talking about. I get all HD channels except showtime hd, espn hd, and discovery hd, plus one other that I beleive is on the 110. Can anyone give any help, suggestions???? THANks

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Ok, tune to ch. 100. Go into the menu and setup your dish for 'Round-Single LNB', then let it update the guide. Go back into the menu and select 'Oval-Dual LNB', let it update. And once again, select 'Oval-Triple LNB', let it update. You should be good to go then (assuming you are signed up for the HD package and HBO/Sho. I never had to power down the unit when switching between dish setups, just let it update betwen each one (takes between 5-30 sec). Also, check you transpoder readings on the 110/119 birds, you'll still get readings even if the channels don't show up in you're guide.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Taz, what transponders are for the 110 bird? the 110/119 are together in the reading so i need to know what transponders.

·
Super Moderator
18,647 Posts
8, 10 and 12 are how the Sat C transponders show up.

Doc

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im not getting squat on those transponders is it possible to lock on 119, and 101 and not 110, seeing 110 is in the middle it would be hard not to hit it?

·
Super Moderator
18,647 Posts
You need to go into your profile and edit your location. It helps if we know where you are.

Yes, it's possible to have 101 and 119 but not 110. Especially with the older 3-LNB dishes and DTC-100s.

Where are you and what kind of dish are you using? Any other equipment in the line?

Doc

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
Sounds like a tilt problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im in louisville kentucky, no other equipment on the line just the dtc-100, I will try the tilt adjustment and see what happens. im using a terk elliptecal dish with eagle aspen y switch with three lnbs, ive changed out the lnbs so i know that is not the problem.

·
Super Moderator
18,647 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hollidayone
ive changed out the lnbs so i know that is not the problem.
You do know the middle LNB is incompatible with the other two, correct? You must use the special Sat C LNB and special combiner. Regular LNBs won't work in the center position.

Doc

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the middle lnb is an eagle aspen that came with the dish, it it dual, but the y adapter has a built in switch, so a regular 101 or 119 lnb wont work, where can i get the sat c lnb?

·
Super Moderator
18,647 Posts
Search the 'net for "Sat C kit." Or call and annoy DirecTV. If you're signing up for the HD package, they'll send one out just for the shipping.

Good luck

Doc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.