AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope someone knows what is going on here....

I have a RCA DTC100. When I watch HDNET or HBOHD, it comes in fine (looks great) then after a few min, it gets pixilated and goes to Searching for Satellite signal. I change the channel and go back it works for another few min, then the same thing happens. I watched a PPV on the HDPPV channel, no problem at all. No other problems with any other channels that I noticed.

I have the triple LNB dish. The signal is about 90% for all 3 LNBs. Under tests that I saw posted someplace, I see channel 90 fine (110 test), I get NASA fine (119 sat). All regular DirecTV channels come in fine no problems at all. I did installs for these dishes for about 6 months, I know it's installed correctly, also had one of the pros with me when I was doing it.

Is there any tests I can do to trim this down to what could possably be going on here ? I have done the reset of the box, Unplugged for a few hours etc... Could it be an LNB ?

I really do not want to deal directly with Directv on this one, Last time I called about a tech problem, I was put on hold for over 35 min, hung up on twice and spent a total of 2 hours trying to get a question answered that I found on google in about 10 min of searching.

This is driving me nuts, any idea ????

Thanks !

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I have no problem with any reception on mine with considerably weaker signals. I'm guessing a defective receiver. Are you still under warranty? If not, buy an open-box model from CC and try it to compare results. You can always return it within the 2 week grace period. Or borrow a receiver (if available) from someone in your area.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Benji
I have no problem with any reception on mine with considerably weaker signals. I'm guessing a defective receiver. Are you still under warranty? If not, buy an open-box model from CC and try it to compare results. You can always return it within the 2 week grace period. Or borrow a receiver (if available) from someone in your area.

It's making me think for some reason that it's a LNB problem, that it's not getting the transponders for those channels because I get the HD fine on PPV channel.

Does anyone know what Sat the HDNET and HBOHD live on, and even closer, what transponders they are on. So, I can see what is going on. I am pretty sure that a LNB will work with some channels but, not for all if it's defective. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Just trying to narrow it down to see if it's my dish or the box. THis was a unit that I got off ebay and sold as is. So, I have to deal with this problem but, I would like to be able to watch some HD stuff on it.

Thanks in Advance !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well when Im trying to get OTA channels, it would give me 2 seconds of picture then go to a week signal......

maybee you just gotta mess with the dish a little..... or the lnb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.