AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a question here...on the RCADTC100 ...does the vga out carry all of the inputed signals? When you have cable connected and directv will it all travel to the tv through the vga out or do you have to have the S-video or rca jacks connected also??? Does the cable analog travel throught the VGA out to the tv???

·
Registered
28 Posts
My setup uses every possible input and they are all output on the VGA connector. Coax, S-Video, everything.

·
Registered
420 Posts
An extremely lame clarification, but technically speaking the VGA port doesn't carry all inputed signals, just the video component (eg, audio coming from your cable input will need separate rca connections).

OK, it's a slow day at work... :)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
One added point: While the DTC-100 will output a VGA signal on all the inputs, some of the conversions aren't so great. I use a DTC-100 with a Panny plasma, and I use the VGA out only for HD signals. For all SD signals I get much better results using the S-video output of the DTC-100 and letting the plasma do the scaling. I get some pretty ugly artifacts when the DTC-100 tries to convert less than perfect NTSC signals to VGA.

Actually, it does a pretty good job when the input is an SD signal from a digital OTA station. That's what leads me to think that its difficulties mainly come from the dirt in dirty signals.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Vinnyv07,

I believe the specific answer to your question is: If the DTC100 is "HD on", then video output is via VGA port. If it is "HD off", then video output is via svideo or composite. I keep mine in "HD on", except when I tape (VCR) something in svideo. HNick

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the following inputs

ant a) UHF Antenna

ant b) analog cable (RCN)

sat in) oval dish with 2 lnbs

all output through the vga connector to a vga-comp converter.

I do notice that the analog cable and satellite do look better using the vga output.

I have a Sony 57HW40 set, which I heard uses a good doubler, but the dtc100 looks better through vga.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.