AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone hooked up both to their system? Any suggestions on to maintain HDTV capabilities through DTC100. I'll be using a Pronto Remote for controlling everything. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I am not sure what your question is. The RCA DTC100 and Ultimate TV do not interact at all or connect to each other. They are completely independent of each other EXCEPT they use the same remote control codes. Do not get a RCA UTV if you want it in the same room as a DTC100. The Sony UTV is nearly identical to the RCA except it uses different remote control codes that reportedly do not interfere with the DTC100 like RCA's UTV does. Good luck.

Jay

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Yes, do not bother with an RCA UTV in the same room as a DTC-100. I have heard that some people have downloaded codes from some Dish network device for their Pronto that don't interfere with the DTC-100. Before I bought an RCA UTV I called RCA to verify that it doesn't interfere with the DTC-100. RCA said no. Well that was wrong. When I called RCA to find out if there was maybe a hidden menu or something with which I could change the remote codes. They said no and that they don't anticipate DTC-100 owners to have an UTV. When I told the guy that they were 2 totally different devices he didn't want to hear anything of it. So I promptly returned it and bought another DirecTivo.

Dino

p.s- I have an old RCA DSS receiver which allows you to use different codes. Go figure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.