AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys,

I found the RCA F36669 television for $599 which is a great price. I realize that it is not a flat screen unit and lacks component inputs, but for the price it may be a great value. I am looking for opinions on the picture. Does anyone own this set or know someone who does? How is the quality? How is the geometry? Any input and/or opinions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Todd

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Todd if you want to know about the quality of RCA read my 1st Aniversary thread I put on a few minutes ago. My 1 year old set is a wide screen 16 X 9 with a line doubler

built in. I took care of the one component input by converting to 4 to 1 of which 3 devices are going thru the pass thru device. I would like to tell you 16 X 9 is the better way to go, but it's your money.

:)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hob,

Thanks for the reply. I agree that 16:9 is the way to go, but those sets can't be had for reasonable prices. This TV I am looking at buying will hold me over until I get the 16:9 HD unit. Thanks again for the response. I would still like to hear from others that have the F36669.

Todd

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I have 733 DVD discs I bought for about $15,000, that's 733 round pieces of plastic for the above figure on a $13,200 disability annual income. I am buying 2 Sony CX-875...300 + 1 Progressive Changers for around $500 each, for capacity of 900 DVD discs in August.

Good luck on what you want to pay for your entertainment.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.