AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The RCA with it's built-in DirecTV HD tuner obviously would work well for a DirecTV subscriber. Just in case, if one wants to go Dish Network instead, and buys a separate HD tuner for DishNetwork, will it work? Is there an input on the RCA to plug the separate tuner in? This is a concern with all the recent rumor about Echostar buying DirecTV and the possibility of merging the 2 different transmission standards. I think the built-in tuner will still function for OTA HD from local channels, correct?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I, too want to get the RCA F38310 38" HDTV with built in direcTV receiver. Since the RCA tube TV has no video outputs of anykind, please tell me if I get an external HDTV receiver, like the RCA DTC-100, will the digital output ( mainly for over the air DTV and directv HDTV channels 199 and 509 ) of that DTC-100 via s-video into my stand alone Tivo give me a much better picture out of my tivo versus using an external standard definition direcTV receiver and using the internal analog tivo TV tuner?

thanks,

Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.