AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here in atlanta we got 2 more OTA digital channels up and going today (TBS and WB)...so i did a new channel search and picked them up..thing is, the analog chanells (about 20 of them) are really getting in the way of my channel switching in the guide..i there any way to remove selected channels from the OTA guide?

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
You can call up #4 in the TV menu (Profiles) and edit out unwanted stations. The only drawback is you can only edit out the analog stations that do not have a digital simulcast station. If you edit out all analog stations you'll lose the digital channels also. The only way to have all digital stations would be to go to menu 7 (#6-Acquire Off-Air Guide) and lose the off-air guide. Your digital channels will now tune in on their physical channel rather than their virtual channel. But you will lose all guide information and only have the channel #'s and "Regular Programming" listed in the guide.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I turned off the guide option, for me it made life simpler. This allowed me to edit the channels I want to receive and as a bonus my clock stays set. A couple of my DTV stations didn't bother to set the clock and and even after switching channels the time would display incorrectly. Had to go to the sat feed to correct it. Plus, none of the stations I get had any guide data to speak of, it may be different in your area.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, my local digital channels have no guide info either so losing my on ai guide sounds like the best bet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.