AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a RCA F38310 and I am getting some flicker in the picture where the picture drops out for a split second then comes right back on, this occurs every 2-4 hours of viewing time on average. I am not sure if this is an electrical dropout in my home? or a defect in the set.

Any one else have this defect? or in your opinions is it my electricity or wiring? I have a surge protector on the unit and HT components.

Thanks.

Dave

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is this with DirecTV? OTA? Cable? HD?

If it is DirecTV, it may be a bad switch on the dish, try another one of the 4 ports. Could be a bad cable also. Do some troubleshooting my moving cables around.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Do what poster tpgaffney said to do if nothing helps, call your dealer and either get them to fix it or replace it. These sets are great, but like every other appliance something could have shorted. If it takes two hours to build up to a overload, it sounds serious.

Some factory worker could have switched the wire size it normally takes. Wire has to get hot enough then it *trips* a internal circuit breaker. The wire could have been bared in the overseas delivery, there are so many things. This my best advice, I hope I have helped you.:)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
It could just be signal fluctuation --

With boarderline OTA digital signals, and with HD digital cable split too many ways, I have drop outs in the digital signal. With OTA Digital, you can go to the antenna monitor and see the signal strength -- I get drop outs when it is below 42ish.

Joe

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No its not the signal.... dolby still is sent and decoded... this is the set, actually like flickering once every 3-4 hours.... the picture...the tube like drops out..... for a split second, and i can hear a clicking noise.

I am gonna try a APS... if that doesnt work...then I am guessing something is not right.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.