AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received mine on monday, and the picture is awesome. However I have a question.

The HDTV and DTV signals come through flawlessly... no prob.

However, when something is inputed through either, S-Video or Component Video in, there is a difference black level on the set that is 3 in wide sits vertically the full distance of the tube and is about 1/3rd from the right side of the tube.

This line does not affect picture quality.... however, should I be concerned?

Secondly...

Can you use a progressive DVD player with this set? Will the results be much better....? I have heard rumors that this set overrides the progressive scan with the component in... is this true?

Any suggestions? Hints?

Thanks.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Progressive Scan only works with Component inputs. 480i is all you can get with S-Video or composite. So hook up a 480p player via component and presto, Progressive Scan signal.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
My progressive scan DVD is in the closet since I got it in August of last year. I

couldn't see a difference, I hooked it up with Silver Serpents. The Sony CX875 300 + 1 that's progressive debuts in August. I have 731 DVD discs and 500 in both Sony CX860 & CX-850D changers filling them.

I am going to sell the CX-850 or give it to my church, like I gave my 32" panny to last year. Buy 2 CX-775 in with the present CX-860 for a 900 disc capacity. I'll deal with blu-ray when it comes.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.