AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike, try to just type in 27.1, what happens? Type in 27.1 and adjust the antenna. The signal maybe too strong. If you can receive your analog you should be able to receive the digital.

[This message has been edited by taron1 (edited 04-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by taron1 (edited 04-08-2001).]

·
Registered
289 Posts
Typing in 27.1 does not do anything. Analog channels 25 and 34 have perfect pictures and are coming from the same square mile about 16 miles away. I have sent KFOR-DTV an email trying to see what hours they are broadcasting but I thought they were duplicating their analog channel 4 on channel 27 all the time.

Thanks for the assistance.

Mike

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea to contact the station anyway to let them know that your out there. I too have the F38310, and have not had a problem except I brought one of the first ones and RCA will now replace it. Great TV though, watch the Sopranos tonight in HD.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2499.99 @ ABTelectronic.com best price. Pete the Dtc-100 that is built inside is always on so it can receive updates from DirectV. I suggest you listen you yours before unplugging it, I have the set and can barely hear the fan.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I posted this in another thread, but it's more appropriate here...

Quote:
So, have you called Channel 4 in Oklahoma City to find out why they're not broadcasting?

Since they were listed on the FCC and NAB lists of stations broadcasting, I just assumed they were, well, broadcasting. But when I called the switchboard, they essentially said it would May 2002. Actually, they said it would be a long time, but I'm assuming that meant May 2002.
I should add that I've also called the engineer who has made a big deal about this and he hasn't returned any of my half dozen or so phone calls.

In addition, I'm working on a web site, not to compete with any of the more established ones, such as this, but to provide a way for Oklahomans to tell the stations, hey we can see you. It might also be a place for people here to share antenna experiences specific to our terrain.

FWIW, I can pick up channels 14, 25, 31, 34, 43, 52 and 62, along with channels 9 and 13 in the VHF band (I have a UHF-only antenna). Channel 31 is a low power Stillwater station. The best quality of the Oklahoma City OTA channels I get are 13, 25, 34 and 43.

Dennis

------------------

Dennis Whiteman

FastPipe Media, Inc.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeNorman:
The stand for the RCA came to the local dealer last November. The set arrived Thursday. The two are a perfect match so the person saying the RCA set had changed the appearance of the front and the set did not match the stand must not be correct.
Do you happen to know if the shape of the second generation set is identical to the newer version you received? Someone mentioned that the speakers were flatter and didn't curve out, therefore it did not match the old stand.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have had the ProScan version of this set for about 6 months and my only complaint is the fan noise. I use Time Warner cable rather than DirectTV, so I have no need for the receiver to be on all the time. My only solution has been to unplug the set when the noise is bothering me. I was hoping that the second generation replacement sets would be quieter, but apparently not.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The RCA F38310 HDTV I ordered August 16, 2000 came last Friday. I spent most of Friday evening setting it up. I could not get it to acquire local channels or COX cable channels. It would acquire a terrible ghost image for three of the 60 channels off of COX cable. The set that was setting there was a Sony Vega 32XBR200 and it had a perfect reception on all channels. I hooked up a Super VHS VCR and attached it to the RCA and via S-video input the RCA had a perfect picture. The VCR had no problem with the COX channels. At 2:30 AM I decided to wait until morning and call the RCA 800 number. I turn on the set Saturday morning when I was about to call and it had a perfect picture on the last channel I had attempted to tune the night before. I then was able to successfully acquire all the COX channels and over the air NTSC channels. Any thoughts as to what may have been wrong with the set out of the box?

I have a new Radio Shack long range VHF/UHF antenna in my attic. I pick up Oklahoma City analog channels 4,5,9,13,14,25,34, and 43 with out any noise and the picture quality is as excellent as Cox cable. The antenna is mounted on a beam approximately 17 feet from the ground. I am approximately 80 feet below the top of a hill .6 of a mile to my West and North West. I live about 16 to 18 miles from KFOR-DTV Channel 27 broadcast tower. If I go to the top of the hill I can see all the Oklahoma City broadcast towers, which are located within the same square mile. I cannot get the RCA F38310 set to acquire digital channel 27. I know that NBC only has one television show each weeknight in HDTV and some HDTV stations only broadcast a limited amount of the night. Any suggestions as to why I cannot receive the signal?

The stand for the RCA came to the local dealer last November. The set arrived Thursday. The two are a perfect match so the person saying the RCA set had changed the appearance of the front and the set did not match the stand must not be correct. Although the stand appears huge components only will fit in the very center of the stand for the stand curves inward too much. This limits you to about three components. Real bummers for you need a component cabinet setting next to the set.

Although the picture is wonderful on Direct channels 199 and 509 HDTV the rest of the channels are not any better then on the Sony Vega 32XBR200.

Fan noise on the RCA is driving my wife up the wall when the set is off. I hope we get use to the fan noise.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.