AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd decided to just quit researching and buy a Samsung 567W since the choices all seemed to come down to personal preference and taste. There didn't seem to be the one shining light at the end of the DLP market's tunnel that I'd hoped for, as they all have their quirks, pitfalls and following. I've yet to buy the 567 since my cabinet for it hasn't arrived and I ran across a writeup regarding the new RCA 50 and 61" dlps in a mag tonight. They were supposedly stunning in appearance and outshined their competition with ease. Anyone here seen one to verify these claims as being truth rather than marketing BS?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Saw the 50" RCA next to the samsung 50". The RCA has a much more reflective screen. So you would not want to put it in a room with a lot of windows or high hats tha you will leave on. Otherwise the picture was pretty good. My choice would be the samsung on picture alone if you ignore other features.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I saw the 50" RCA and Samsung DLPs side by side in 2 different HH Greggs. The first had a Panasonic DVD Player playing a Jackie Chan movie with the composite outs to the Samsung and the Component outs connected to the RCA. The Samsung looked much better. The RCA was very grainy and not very sharp. The second store had cable hooked up and the RCA was much grainier also. HH Gregg in my area doesn't have HD available to view so I'm not really sure what the potential of this set is. I've crossed the RCA off of my list for because it seems grainy and the reflections off of this set are really bad.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DefaultUsername
Stereophile's Guide to Home Theater, this month. It's a report regarding RCA's new sets.
Read the RCA DLP threads in this forum. Be ready for a lot of conflict over thing like RCA cutting corners to get to market. Of course, they haven't quite got their DLP sets in the market yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.