AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an RCA Scenium 52" HDTV DLP tv. Model Number HDLP50W151 Serial Number D513CD09F. My picture was working just fine in the morning, then in the afternoon, i turned the tv back on, and the picture was gone. I can hear the channels, I can adjust volume, everything seems fine but the picture is black. My power button in the front keeps blinking blue. I opened the back up to check the lamp... The lamp does turn on, then i hear a humming buzzing noise, picture comes back for only seconds, then the lamp shuts off and the noise goes away. This cycle repeats every couple minutes. I already relpaced the lamp about a year ago. What is the next step in fixing or replacing what could be wrong???

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
You may have to try another lamp.

That cycle of lamp off and on will happen if the lamp is not warming up in a specific manner.

Note for good lamp life:

Do not turn the set on/off every time you enter/leave the room.

(coming back within a couple of hours - leave it on)

Use factory, not aftermarket lamps.

·
Registered
533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreiber1980 /forum/post/19759467

Even though the lamp does cycle on periodically, this could still be a bad lamp?

What make of lamp did you put in a year ago? Philips, Osram, or Chinese knockoff?

Yes, could still be a bad lamp. As lamps age, they become more difficult for the electronics to fire up. These are arc lamps, they use a high voltage to jump a gap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts