AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering both of these TV's from Wal Mart. I've read nothing but good reviews of the RCA but have read about 1 out of every 3-4 bad reviews on the Vizio.

The RCA is a 40" TV for the same price as the 37" Viz and both are 1080p. I have about 8-9 feet viewing distance.

What say the gurus here on which I should choose??

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Zack! I appreciate the response.

One other thing I noticed while looking at both.....the RCA has an advertised 25,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio compared to the 15,000:1 for the Vizio. Made me lean a little to the RCA but then I walk into a Sam's club and see a different model number 37" Vizio with a 50,000:1 dynamic??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Although, looking up Vizio it says that it's country of manufacture is China also. So wouldn't I be in the same boat with it as I would the RCA if it's made in the same country?

That new Vizio model I mentioned at Sam's is model # VL37OM

·
Registered
362 Posts
Those numbers are all pretty much made up and have no basis in reality.

While I'm not a fan of Vizio they are a reputable company with a high profile and I would expect then to stand behind their products. In LCD models I'm a fan of Samsung, and in plasma I prefer Panasonic, their 42X1 at $599 is a super buy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, to update this thread......I bought neither.

I went to Best Buy and let them sell me on LED technology. I went with the LG 47" LED. They sold me on the LG vs. the Sammy also. The whole 240hz, only one endorsed by THX because of backlighting yada, yada got me. I spent 3 times what I had planned on spending. But wow!!.......just awesome. I'm very happy with the purchase and haven't looked back.

Thanks for the help anyway zack.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk756 /forum/post/17045655

Although, looking up Vizio it says that it's country of manufacture is China also.

Not true. Many Vizio models are built in Mexico too. Same place Samsung, Sony, Sharp, and Panasonics are.

P.S. I'd go Vizio. I work for Costco and tomorrow the new Vizio 37" XVT's (120hz) come in at my store.

Crid

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.