Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..

Will this TV handle progressive scan input thru the component level jacks on the back??

I'm pretty sure that this is the same TV as the popular 36100/110 sets, just a 32 inch tube instead of 36.

I'm getting geared up to buy a DVD player and I'm trying to decide whether to spend the extra for progressive scan output on the thing.. The progressive units are quite a bit more expensive! And I cannot find any information in my manual about those component level input jacks on the back of the 32110.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
256 Posts
The 32110 definitely handles progressive scan as well as HD. This is the main difference between the 100 and 110 series with the 100 only being able to accept 480i.

With respect to buying a DVD player now I would perhaps hold off for a few months. Much cheaper Progressive scan players are coming out including some using the apparently outstanding Sage/Faroudja chipset as well as the Si503.

Peter

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply. I think I will hold off for a while.

I'm not into DVD a whole lot right now, so I find it a bit hard to justify spending 500+ dollars on a unit that I won't be using *that* much! It would be nice though, to eventually get a player so I can continue to build up the entertainment center.

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
Does this unit do anamorphic squeeze? Would be strange if it didn't but none of RCA's materials refer to it. They don't refer to 3:2 pulldown either so that's probably out as well.

Not too many places have it so I'm guessing it'll be replaced soon. Only $200 less than the Panny 32HX41 on Yahoo shopping.

Not a flat picture tube either from the look of things

·
Registered
384 Posts
You have to do the squeeze in the service menu, I think. (Of course, I also thought that the component inputs were only for interlaced, not progressive, so YMMV.)

It's still a cheap solution to HD, at less than $1000. As for the lack of a flat screen, beauty, and convergence, are in the eye of the beholder. ;) - Pat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.