AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using the Dish 6000 receiver VGA output to connect to an RCA MM36110 TV? I'm seeing some weird colors, banding, stripes, etc. The image is also shifted left with no way to correct it (even with service menu). Is it normal for this set when running with the Dish 6000?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a MM36100 the model before yours. Check your 6000 settings menu 6 1 9 . Set your output to RGB. ASP. Ratio to 4x3#2. TV Type to 1080I. Then in the same menu go to the left and toggle to adjust, this will bring up a screen to let you move your picture any way you want. Hope this helps!!

BOB

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried those things already. No luck. The picture kind of fades in/out. Sometimes it's perfect, other times it has the problems I mentioned. I guess it must be defective if nobody else has these problems. I'm still under 30 days from purchase so I'll try to get it replaced. I thought it must be a compatibility issue with the 6000 because my PC looks fine on the same VGA port (but running 800x600, not 1080I).

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found out that it's a compatibility problem with the Dish 6000 Receiver. The VGA output uses negative horizontal/vertical sync which this TV doesn't support. So it looks like I'll be returning the TV. It's too bad because the TV has one of the best images I have ever seen with all other input sources I tried.

Anybody know if the 32" model (MM32110) also has problems with the VGA inputs?

-Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.