AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
536 Posts
Richard, I live in a 65 storey high rise facing the lake in Chicago (hate the suburbs). I always watch DVDs and ota at night, and I bet that's what most people do anyway. I always live the curtains open: the room is always in total darkness.

Too much is said about having to have a dedicated room for front projection (most of them ending up looking like cheap and bad taste Las Vegas version of commercial movie theaters). It scares off a lot of people who then buys rptvs and directview tvs. Dommage!

Buying a front projector allow you to achieve three things:

- getting better video; none of those rptvs can remotely compete with a good front projector.

- getting a bigger picture.

- getting better audio with a full range center speaker and no rptv sitting in the middle of the room srewing up the sound.

The next best thing after a front projector is plasma. If you were considering buying a new rptv (good ones like the Pioneers go for $5,000) check plasma displays first. I personally would rather invest $5,000 in a 42" plasma display w/DVI like the Panasonic instead of plugging the same kind of money for an obsolete deadborn 53" rptv. GF.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.