AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the RCA 36" and DTC100 for 9 months. Four or five times since then the TV has issued a VERY LOUD squeek and went black (I think it actually turns off but I'm not sure). Then after a few seconds it powers back up right back where it left off. The last time it happened I was watching regular (non-HD) DirecTV thru the DTC100. The time before I was recording off the DTC100 (HD turned off), while watching a standard OTA channel (VHF antenna RF input direct to the TV monitor). It's a very scary thing when it happens. Anyone else have this happen?

I'm trying to get through to RCA by phone and Email, but no luck so far. Any thoughts about this will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tom in VA.

[This message has been edited by Casemiro (edited 06-17-2001).]

·
Registered
113 Posts
My RCA MM36100 has never squeeked, but it has gone off and back on several times during the first couple months I had it. But it has not done it in months mnow. Others have reported the skreech you mentioned, but some have said it has gone away after awhile. Strange....

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
PCman is correct. But, (There's that nasty word, again...) some have reported that their sets have totally failed after a few screeches. If the set's still under warranty, or if you have an extended service contract, you would probably be smart to record a complaint (hopefully wrangle a new MM36100 out of 'em!).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks PCMAN and RAYH for the responses. Somehow it's oddly re-assuring to know that someone else has experienced my problems - it assures me I'm not nuts. Good advice, I will submit a complaint to RCA (it's under warranty). Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.