Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

In my quest to find a breakout box (VGA -> 3 RCA ) here in retarded Belgium, I stumbled onto the following: apparantly there are no such cables to be found (well, online anyway). The only thing I could find were VGA -> 3 BNC cables and non too cheap either...

The question now, seeing as I live in Belgium and am therefore one of the morons, is whether I can use BNC connectors at the receiver end of things?

I thought since the connectors on the receiver are cinch, I would have to go with Male RCA's as I do currently for my composite sources.

If BNC is basically the same, please let me know so I can try my 75U out with component cables.

This way I also get to use my receiver for all the video switching even when coming from the HTPC...

(please no a2zcables-advise, I'm not forking out 25$ shipping or whatever on a 50$ cable)

Thanks

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
If you're asking can you get a BNCRCA adaptor, the answer is "yes". I'd say try Radio Shack, but you don't live in the States :). Seriously, any A/V parts store should carry them.

The deeper question of "why BNC" could be debated, but suffice to say that BNC connectors are engineering to 50 Ohm impedance, and are used in "high end" electronics equipment. Whether you can tell the difference between that and RCA in a consumer home theater is questionable. I use such an adaptor to plug component RCA cables into my Princeton monitor (everything's BNC on the Princeton).

·
Registered
221 Posts
Actually, there are plenty of 75 ohm BNC connectors although I will admit most equipment uses the 50ohm variety as it is not quite as delicate.

Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.