AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 36 inch RCA Multimedia Monitor. I think Compaq or Radio Shack sold them a few years back. I bought it at garage sale $50.

I do not have a PC connected to it currently. I am using it as a TV/DVD Monitor via converter box. This monitor only has VGA input.

The monitor has very good picture, but does not fill screen. I have no way to adjust. I do not have remote or keyboard that originally shipped with product. I have connected my IBM think pad to it but could not adjust with my limited video card & software. If anyone knows about this Monitor and how to adjust vertical and horizontal. I would love enlarge from the 32 inches I am currently viewing.

RCA will sell me the remote for around $65, but they could not tell me if it would solve my problem.

Thanks

Brad

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
There are no buttons to adjust it on the monitor? That would be the easiest way to fix things.

Powerstrip on a desktop might also help but changing the timing is sort of a roundabout way to get things to work.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
It would be fairly amazing then if the remote did not have the buttoms. I think to get the best picture, you might have to buy it. Considering how much you paid for the TV itself, it is kind of funny to pay that much. On the other hand, the whole package still costs less than most normal TVs with a screen half the surface area.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I proberly will buy it, but I would like to see if anyone else knows any other solution first. I would never use remote for anything but to adjust setings.

This is my primary TV for now. I am building a house that will be complete in Sept. I will then buy new HDTV and use this for secondary.

This forum has been very helpful. I am running about 5 miles of cable in new house. "Hopefully correctly after visiting this forum"

Thanks

Brad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.