AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the ProScan 38" set and the source for all my programming, including HD, is Time Warner cable. I haven't bought a dvd player yet.

Would the Iscan Pro significantly improve my non-hd cable picture? I am trying to decide if I would be better off buying the Iscan and a non-progressive dvd player, thus using the Iscan for all programming but HD, or buying a progressive dvd player and continuing to use the set's internal line doubler for non-hd cable.

Has anyone tried this? Does anyone know what de-interlacing system the set uses? I welcome all advice and comments.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have the 36 inch MM36100 RCA HD set which is a close relative of the 38 inch guy. I can tell you that the iscan DVDO line doubler produced a very significant improvement to NTSC and DVD video. Scanning lines vanished completely and a beautiful picture resulted.

So I would suggest you put off buying the progressive scan DVD player in favor of getting improved NTSC as well as improved DVD video with the Iscan. But just to be certain it works as well with the 38 " ProSCan as it does with the 36100, I also recommend wait until you get confirmation of this from some 38 inch set owners who use the Iscan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.