AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The remote that goes with my DirecTV Ultimate TV SAT system (RCA) is also programmed to control my Toshiba TV. Works well except in one case:

Sometimes, when I first turn on the TV, I forget to hit the SAT button on the remote before trying to change the channel. This knocks the TV's input off of "Video 1." I then have to go get the TV's remote and tap the "TV/Video" button to get the SAT back on line- back to "Video One.". Seems like there out to be a command from the RCA SAT remote to do this. There is an "input" button but it doesn't do anything.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Have you tried the 018 code for the Toshiba on the RCA remote?

I do not have a UTV unit, but this code has worked well with my

past RCA boxes and Toshiba TVs.

The video button changes the inputs on the Toshiba.

Its been some time now since I had a RCA box, but it did work very well.

-Jerry

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Diode, my RCA remote works all functions of the Toshiba except the video inputs, which has to be done with the Toshiba remote. I was hoping someone could tell me how I can get my RCA remote to control the Toshiba input when I accidently change it. In other words, I can knock the Toshiba TV input off of video 1 with the RCA but I can't put it back with the RCA remote.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
018 code did let me change the inputs of both my 36" Toshiba TVs, one of which was a HDTV, but these remotes happen to be from RCA DSS systems. I could toggle into each/all of the Toshiba inputs with just this one RCA remote.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Kenster, I have a TV that uses the toshiba TV code, it's a Changhong. And yes none of the toshiba tv codes in the RCA UTV remote has the input command. But on my tv you can use the previous channel button to toggle between the last input you were on and the tuner. The toshiba tv codes in the UTV remote doesn't have this command either, but on all other remotes with toshiba tv codes, the previous channel command, is the caption command on my TV. And there is Tv code in the UTV remote, where the BACK button trips the caption on my TV. So see if the BACK key works for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.