AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at the Samsung HLM507W. It sounds like a pretty solid set. But, a year or so ago I spied an RCA Scenium TV at GG's in San Jose. It was probably a 60" set and was showing baseball from HDNet (I believe.). It had the best picture I think I've ever seen apart from the Panasonic PT52DL52 I saw at the Great Indoors in Chino Hills. Anyway, I really liked what the RCA had to offer picture-wise.

So, in my searches for TV's on the internet I checked the RCA site and see they have a new version, specifically the HD52W140. I can't find any mention of it on the AVS forum. Is it out yet? Has anyone seen it? I'd like to find out more about it before I buy. I realize that The Samsung is DLP and I'm assuming that the RCA is CRT. I'd just like to find out what people think of the RCA.

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
696 Posts
I posed a similar question a while back about the RCA Scenium HD52W140. You won't get many responses on the RCA. I received a response from a gentlemen that posted a much higher than most repair history on RCA products. However, it wasn't specifically this set but RCA projection TVs in general.

I have seen this particular set. You can find them at CC, Ultimate Electronics. The W140 has a built in HDTV Tuner instead of the DVD. The cabinet and "floating" display, basically a black border, is a love/hate for most people IMO. I thought the set was attractive at a good price point. You are looking at about half the cost HLM507W and you don't have to buy an HDTV Tuner or stand.

Let your eyes be the judge but keep in mind the repair history. The Samsung DLP hasn't been out long enough to establish a reliability record yet. I know Samsung has had their problems in the past with reliability but I believe reports show they are getting better. Maybe few of the Samsung experts have a better feel for this and will respond.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.