Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...

I've spent considerable time trolling this forum since I've been in the market for a DLP. This would be my first post! ;-)

Anyway, I bought the Sammy 5065W DLP from BB (primarily because I wanted to 'try' it in my house, and since BB has the 30 day return policy, I figured I'd foot the exhorbant markup they have on it for now).

I really love the TV. It handles everything I throw at it and it looks beautiful. My question is, has anyone seen the RCA Scenium DLPs in action, and how do they compare to the Sammy?

The RCA has a few more features that I like than the Sammy, plus is considerably cheaper in price -- which is why I'm wondering if the RCA has a lesser PQ than the Sammy.

Has anyone actually purchased a Scenium DLP? How's the features stack up to the Sammy? How is there integrated WinCE? How's the PQ? How about the inputs? I read somewhere that it cannot take a native 720p input and display it (does this mean you cannot hook a progressive scan DVD player up to it? Or an xbox?)

thanks for any info.

ClemsonJeeper

(O|||||O)

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
You'll find the most complete discussion of the RCA on this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=288235

Very few people have seen this TV; hardly any have reported in-home experience with it. Big minuses, as compared to Samsung, are (a) lack of a clean digital path for 720p inputs and (b) screen glare.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by oxothuk
YVery few people have seen this TV; hardly any have reported in-home experience with it. Big minuses, as compared to Samsung, are (a) lack of a clean digital path for 720p inputs and (b) screen glare.
Another draw back could be RCA's commitment to DLP and their customers. Samsung has a track record over the past year of being committed to DLP.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.