AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I currently have an on/off switch set up on my remote wire to my sub's amp so that I can turn my subs on or off. This works great, but I'd like to be able to adjust the volume of my subs on the fly without going through the menu's on the headunit. I'm considering getting this: http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-RLC-Remote-Level-Control/dp/B002EEP3WA

I don't want to add any gain etc with this knob, as it's set to my liking on the amp... just want to be able to turn the bass down without turning it off... Are these things decent or do they cause problems? I like the idea, but if it's going to make my subs clip and die, then I'll live without it. Is this a decent product, or does someone make a better quality one? Any other reason you would advise me not to use this?

My current system is:

Pioneer DEH-P8400BH headunit

Sony XM-22000GTX 1200 watt amp

2 Sony 12 inch XS-122P5 1300 watt subs

Alpine KTP-445U power pack amp

Rockford fosgate Power speakers

(Please don't hate on the sony amp/subs.. .I know many car audio enthusiasts don't like them.. but I've had them for YEARS and they work for me!). Thanks!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or is there a better product made by a different company that accomplishes what I'm looking for?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I have some sub amps that have either a hard wired (phone cable) or wireless gain knob. Doesn't add gain, it's just a remote control. They are all JBL amps but I'm sure other companies make amps like that.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I know some amps have a proprietary or phone jack hook up to do what I am looking for... but I'm trying to accomplish the same thing using the equipment I already have without spending much money if possible. Thanks though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts