AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,212 Posts
Cardas make the best connectors that I have seen. I use Lat International cable but the connectors aren't that great. Lat uses an RCA and many others do as well that that has a base metal, Zinc I think, with gold plating over it. Zinc is garbage as far as I am concerned. I switched to Cardas's top of the line connector which is real silver with a gold plating. They are a real pleasure to use. They aren't locking connectors but are better because the ground is spring loaded which means you still get a tight connection. They just push on and the spring keeps them tight. I've had problems with locking connectors . If the cable is in a tight location, they can'b be difficult to install. Also if you are not careful, you can damage your components if you don't loosen them enough upon removal.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

I am very impressed with Canare's RCAP series of 75 ohm RCA plugs, these are sweep tested to 200mhz, and have a gold crimp center pin just like their BNC connectors. Canare is very finicky about observing correct impedance matches of their cables and connectors. These are intended for use with Canare's very fine precision coax cables.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I got my 15 BNC to RCA phono gold plated connecters off of ratshack for $3.99 a piece. Gold plated for my InlineInc IN3504 4 into 1 component switching device.

Want to see how they work, hit my advanced 4 picture and text in the *dark* movie page. Right under my sig on your line doubled wide screen. I have my 2 Sony DVD mega changers going thru the military pass thru device. Guaranteed to please for your eye candy. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.