AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tuner doesn't have HDMI inputs so I send the HDMI signal to my TV which has a Digital Audio SPIDF Out on it. I then run that out back to the tuner which has the proper input. The output on my TV comes out the side so I'm looking for a right angle connector so the cables will end up going out towards the back.

I normally head to Monoprice for anything like that and found this item:
http://www.monoprice.com/Product/?c_id=104&cp_id=10430&cs_id=1043009&p_id=10586&seq=1&format=4#feedback

It appears to be a relatively new item and only has 1 review. Problem is, that review only gave it 1 star. It mentions that inside the connector is a single wire to transmit the signal and that user was concerned this wouldn't be able to carry the signal without losing quality.

Does anyone have any ideas on if this specific connector would be fine? The Monoprice people say it will be fine but I didn't really expect them to say it wouldn't work. I just don't want to hook it up and then end up with crappy sound.

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,556 Posts

Quote:
It mentions that inside the connector is a single wire to transmit the signal and that user was concerned this wouldn't be able to carry the signal without losing quality.

If it was a single wire there would be no signal flow.

The reviewer is uninformed.

·
Registered
22,648 Posts
Here's the review:
Quote:
This consists of two right angle RCA adapters. They look solidly made, but mine came with the "red" adapter in two pieces - attached by a tiny red wire. That means the center pin goes through what amounts to a resistor (the tiny wire) if it is carrying any significant current. Not for use with speakers, which is what I bought them for. The solid appearance of the casing implies this would have a beefy connection inside, but it does not. Beware.

Anyway...

You only need one adapter... get this:
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=104&cp_id=10429&cs_id=1042904&p_id=7233&seq=1&format=2

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts