AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had this start happening today. I can only use one tuner at a time. If I am recording and use the other tuner to try to watch something I get crazy screen distortion and then it pops up telling me my access card has expired yet the other tuner is working fine. I ran all systems tests and everthing checks out and I got strong signals to both tuners from that test as well.

Now I find if I try to watch anything recorded in the myshows area the recordings are playing back with video distortion as well. Audio is fine.

I watch one tuner and call up PIP and the second tuner distorts and goes to the access card expired screen.

So right now all I have is a single tuner DirecTV receiver as the functions beyond use one tuner are screwed up.

I just did do the unplug routine and will see if that resets/clears the problem. Be back in 1/2 hour to let you know.

------------------

Argee

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK back and the unplug for 15/20 minutes did the trick. I guess these things need to be rebooted now and then.

------------------

Argee

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Mine has not been unpluged or turned off since April. No issues.

Sounds like something else might be wrong there.

Ed

·
Registered
248 Posts
I had the same problem, and it was a bad multi-switch. I returned it and got a new one (Sony) and have had no problems since June.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.