AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Are there any reasonable replacement remotes that control the UTV and all its functions?

2. I have 2 UTV's for my front room. To answer your questions in advance, I was married, which means I am now divorced. I have my old bedroom UTV in my front room now since I moved from a big nice house into an apartment...

Anyway, to make a long story short, I have 2 UTV's and want to know if there is a way to use them both without the remotes turning them both on at the same time, etc.

And no, I didn't get the upgrade...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Set one unit to work under the aux button. To do this go to "TV HOME" then select the "on screen" menus in this order:

SETTINGS / HOOKINGUP / HARDWARE ACCESSORIES / MULITIPLE RECEIVERS / AUX BUTTON / DONE

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Radio shack 15-2116, the preprogrammed code(SAT0392) has all the satellite and transport functions already mapped, and with the help of some advanced codes, you can add the missing PIP functions. It costs $30. It also has a code for the AUX code( SAT0855)

·
Registered
148 Posts
I still use my trusty Cinema 7 which is pretty much the same internally to the RS 15-2116. All the UTV functions can be mapped to the keys you choose via advanced codes (including some functions that aren't on the orginal remote). Also, if you build or buy a connector for the computer you can program it even easier and with less memory consumption. These remotes (and the RS equivalants) are the the best remotes ever made overall; they're cheap, programmable, ergonomic and extremely hackable.

Clip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.