AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
I used one on my HTPC and it worked fine with my Geforce2 GTS. I then found a good deal on a Audio Authority Model 9A60 VGA to Component video Converter.

Orbillius what are the symtoms. Have you read the definitive guide for HTPCs link in the FAQ section?

Rick

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ralphy, I did the same thing. Purchased it for $36 on ebay. Got it, plugged it in, it sucked. The horizontal placement was completely off. The horizontal adjustment did little to nothing to fix it. So I got stuck w/ a $36 loss, purchased the Audio Authority box.

·
Registered
55 Posts
hey i just got my rca vhdc300 in the other day. and the picture is totally off. horizonal placemnt same as yours, i used it on my aiw radeon 32. and adjusting it didnt help. i considering the audio authority.

its good to know i am not the only one with this particular problem. so your audio authority performed without flaw?

Ralphy

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
The RCA unit is designed for use with the DTC 100 only, and will only work if you run all your resolutions at HDTV timings. It is also considered to be of sub par quality for HTPC use due to low bandwidth capability. Use either the AA or the Key Digital models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.