AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a difference between a typical analog RCA cable and the digital coaxial (such as a subwoofer cable)? I am considering using the coaxial cable in an automotive application for the entire speaker system, but would see no need in doing so unless there would be a significant difference in sound reproduction and shielding of electrical interferences from other systems in the car. I know the coaxial is supposed to be for digital sound reproduction, but I dont think that would be related to CD's unless coded in dolby digital surround, correct? Any help leading my in the way to go would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
30,710 Posts
Your post suggests you have some misunderstanding of the situation.

Typical analog RCA cables are coaxial in construction. Subwoofer cables are simply RCA cables with special labels on them but they are not digital. So, basically, any coax will do for any analog application but you need 75ohm coax for digital.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, cool. Thanks for the help on that. I will just stick with regular analog cables for my car then. I will look into the other forums to see what people suggest for best quality etc...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts