AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazon and other vendors sell a ANT751E. Walmart, Home Depot and others sell ANT72Z. They appear to be similar, if not the same, with similar specs..

Does anyone know the difference between them and is one preferable to the other?

wayne

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Amazon and other vendors sell a ANT751E. Walmart, Home Depot and others sell ANT72Z. They appear to be similar, if not the same, with similar specs..

Does anyone know the difference between them and is one preferable to the other?

wayne
I don't know about the ANT72Z; do you mean the ANT752Z?

If you mean the ANT752Z, it isn't as good. It has one less director for VHF-High, the UHF section is a poor design, and the 1/4 wave stubs that act as a UVSJ are missing.

There have been many confusing changes to that design since its introduction at CES 2009. Sometimes the picture on the box doesn't even match the antenna in the box!

RCA ANT751CES2009bL_2.jpg

·
Registered
390 Posts
These small yagi antennas made by Winegard have a lot of names. Some of them have the clamp on the end. The Winegard 7000r has the mounting clamp in front of the vhf/lo vhf elements.

·
Administrator
20,917 Posts
A couple years ago I bought what Amazon lists as the ANT751E and it works fine for me but I'm only 10 miles from the towers I need.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know about the ANT72Z; do you mean the ANT752Z?

If you mean the ANT752Z, it isn't as good. It has one less director for VHF-High, the UHF section is a poor design, and the 1/4 stubs that act as a UVSJ are missing.

There have been many confusing changes to that design since its introduction at CES 2009. Sometimes the picture on the box doesn't even match the antenna in the box!

View attachment 3128922
Yeah, I meant 752.

Recently I read an article that stated that the small RCA Yagi had been re-tuned to reflect that UHF channels only go to channel 51 now. I couldn't find the article again before I posted and I don't remember if model #s were mentioned.

I've tried a 2 bay bowtie but we still have 3 major networks affiliates at 6,7 and 12 and I haven't heard that they are planning and further changes. I was going to try a 4 bay bowtie because the 2 bay picked up 12 reasonably well inside. We can live without 7 (Fox) and 6 is simulcast on their UHF sister but in SD.

I realize the small RCA isn't going to pick up VHF 6. This is one of the original TV stations; so I don't see them abandoning that frequency.

wayne

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yeah, I meant 752.

Recently I read an article that stated that the small RCA Yagi had been re-tuned to reflect that UHF channels only go to channel 51 now. I couldn't find the article again before I posted and I don't remember if model #s were mentioned.

I've tried a 2 bay bowtie but we still have 3 major networks affiliates at 6,7 and 12 and I haven't heard that they are planning and further changes. I was going to try a 4 bay bowtie because the 2 bay picked up 12 reasonably well inside. We can live without 7 (Fox) and 6 is simulcast on their UHF sister but in SD.

I realize the small RCA isn't going to pick up VHF 6. This is one of the original TV stations; so I don't see them abandoning that frequency.

wayne
Some of these yagis have lo-vhf extensions you can put on.

Post your rabbitears report and someone can take a look at it. RabbitEars.Info

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
Some of these yagis have lo-vhf extensions you can put on.

Post your rabbitears report and someone can take a look at it. RabbitEars.Info
Yes one of the RCA models does allow Low VHF extensions or it can be modified for High VHF. But the Amazon version of the RCA751 is better than the Walmart version, as it is better assembled. I tried both and the Amazon version was easier to assemble and seemed have an additional element if I recall. I would order the Amazon version. And as mentioned it is made by Winegard.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Are the 751 E and Z models the same or slightly different? The 751 series seems to get good reviews online for such a small directional antenna.

This guy's is a RCA ANT751Z but his link goes to the "E" model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts