AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'v heard that most CC's and BB's have stop carrying the RCA DTC-100 STB, because RCA is no longer shipping these. From what I understand, RCA will be introducing a new model. No time frame was given.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Does anyone know what RCA plans to do with the DTC-100? Do they plan to continue to sell the existing model for the forseeable future or do they plan to discontinue it in favor of a new and improved model? Since RCA appears to have a huge head start over Panasonic, Toshiba and Sony on working out the software issues, it seems to me that an upgraded version of the DTC-100 might be an attractive alternative.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
According to my neighbor's niece's boyfriend's boss's maid, RCA does plan to continue selling the DTC100 for the forseeable future followed by an improved model. Seriously, there's no way to project a timeline, and given the overall performance of the newly intr'd receivers over the last couple of months, it doesn't appear that Thomson has to rush a new model out in the immediate future to remain competiitve. Before everyone rushes to defend their purchase choice, I'm not saying the RCA/Proscan is the best - just that it continues to do yeoman duty in the HD arena.

·
Registered
262 Posts
the rca rep said monday that the dtc-100 is still the flagship product and is still shipping.

oscar

HOME THEATER CREATIONS

[email protected]

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wanthdtv:
I'v heard that most CC's and BB's have stop carrying the RCA DTC-100 STB, because RCA is no longer shipping these. From what I understand, RCA will be introducing a new model. No time frame was given.
This was true at least for some CE stores over a month ago when many other brands came out screaming, now they had quieted down, the DTC100 is back in stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.