AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does a RCVDS 800 pass sufficient bandwidth for HDTV use? 1080i for example.

Is there a source document that provides the actual useable video bandwidth of the BARCO RCVDS units?

I have a RCVDS 800 on hand and am not currently using it with my Barco 808 projector. A switcher is needed to avoid several long runs of cable from the equipment to the projector - DTC100 & DVD & DVDO Iscan+ V2 at present; HTPC in the near future.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Terry

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I telephoned Barco technical support who advised that the video bandwidth of the RCVDS 800 is 76 mhz and that this "would be fine for HDTV."

I am not so sure that 76 mhz will be all that great for HDTV above 480p.

Any thoughts out there on needed bandwidth to switch HDTV signals without significant PQ loss?

Is there a readily available chart that lists the bandwidth of the Barco, Extron, & Inline switchers as well as bandwidth needed at 480, 720, 1080 p&i, etc?

Thanks.

Terry

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I used to run my Hi-Def (1080i) cable box and HTPC (720p) through the RCVDS 800. I couldn't see any significant degradation on my BG-808s PJ. I've moved on to a Leeza so I no longer use it.

Tom

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I also run my Hi-Def (1080i) cable box and HTPC (720p) through the RCVDS 800. It is hooked up to my Barco 1208.

I did not detect any change to the image from when I had the units directly connected to the projector.

Looking at the input cards in the RCVDS 800, I saw they used miniature relays to switch the signals. They are probably very conservative with their bandwidth specs.

If I were you, I would use the switcher if you had one available. If not, they are always available on e-bay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.